Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The New Blog!

Okay, I admit it. I slacked on our previous blog. So much so, that I made an entirely new blog! Maybe a fresh start will motivate me to keep up on it!  Well, let's start at the very beginning (a very good place to start)...Sound of Music lovers, that was pretty much an indirect shout out to you. This is the blog of the Luker Family. The Luker Family consists of--Me and David. But someday we'll post cute pictures of our kids on here too!

Last month we moved from Boise, Idaho, where David's from, to South Pasadena, CA. David started dental school at the University of Southern California yesterday. They fed him an all you can eat buffet on the first day, so needless to say--he's liking it. I'm fixing up our apartment and running errands for now, but I start work at USC's health sciences campus in the next few weeks.

We had a crazy last year--whirlwind really. David applied for dental school. We prayed. He got in. We cheered. Etc., etc. We feel so blessed to be here and are really enjoying it. Before David started school we decided on one last hurrah and took a two week trip to Thailand. We visited Chiang Mai, Koh Samui and Bangkok. It was a great adventure filled with elephant riding, death defying sharp sheer cliff hiking (seriously. I'm never doing that again), kayaking, snorkeling, sweating, eating and shopping--and that only covers about half of it. Anyways, it was a blast. A few days later we went to Utah and Idaho to hang out with my family. We went to our family cabin in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho and tubed down the river (flipped on the waterfall!), swam in the pool and rode the Rhino. It was lots of fun. Then a few days later we went on a backpacking trip with David's family where we saw amazing waterfalls and the most gorgeous lakes I've ever seen. So...three vacations in a row.

Oh yeah, and then we moved to California for another month of vacation! :) And here we are. I'll post some pictures of our past and current adventures and try to keep the blog updated. Thanks for reading. Come Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment