Well, seeing as how it's David's birthday and all, Halloween festivities are an absolute expectation. In true Melissa and David style, we wrapped our door in orange and cobwebs.
David insisted on getting some skeleton bones at the store. But, upon realizing he didn't really know where to put them, he gave up and put one inside of my decorative vase. :) Tacky, yeah kind of. But am I leaving it there? You bet.
Found this cornucopia at a thrift store. Oh yeah! Added some festive fall colors and viola! Sure, this doesn't hold a candle to my mom's classic annual fresh cornucopia, but I'm doing the best I can to live up to your greatness, Mom!
Today was a great sunday. We has an awesome stake conference. Two seventies came and called a new stake president. The spirit was there and it was wonderful. We sang in the Stake Choir, which sounded great thanks to a fantastic director, Lisa. After church we had Veronica over for roast I'd made in the Crock Pot. So many friends had tried to convert us to the greatness of the Crock Pot, but now I think it's a done deal. So easy! Then, they had us over for dessert. David, as per his classic tradition when he finds a good book, is reading away the afternoon.
All in all, it's a wonderful day to think about how blessed we are. We're so grateful for all that we have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Love the blog! It looks like you two are really enjoying California. We sure miss you as neighbors! Katie
ReplyDelete