Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Trip Home To See the Fam!

I love my family! Last week I took a trip "home" to St. Louis. It was my first time visiting this house since they moved last year. Loved it! I should have taken more pictures, but we've proven this is not my strong point.

My family is so funny.
We laughed and laughed about inside jokes and funny things we did as kids.
And we reminisced about my brother Ben who is on a mission and we all miss tons!
I took a grand tour of the house, the neighborhood, the city, the church and wherever else we went.
I helped my dad set up his new exercise bike that he got for Christmas.
We watched old movies from my childhood (Yours, Mine and Ours with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda). Favorite quotes: "Helen, you've been the victim of an alcoholic Pearl Harbor." "I was kinda mad, so I HAD to push her." "I don't care if he does look like Paul Newman."
We went to my brother's basketball game (they won by a lot).
My parents have this amazing sledding hill behind their house that I desperately wanted to try out, but by the time I was pumped up for it the snow was gone!
I enjoyed all the food that my parents have that I won't allow myself to buy--bagels with cream cheese! (used to have a semi-addiction).
I ate my mom's home cooked meals, and I RELAXED. So fun!

I am realizing that most of the few pictures I did take were on Jeff's camera. We'll see if I can get them somehow. I did get one amazing picture--German Pancakes in all their glory!

1 comment:

  1. fun! I love your family too! Sounds like a rockin relaxing trip!

    ReplyDelete