Saturday, November 13, 2010

David's One Year Older And Wiser Too Celebration

So, this year my Halloween-baby turned 27!!! The celebration started on Friday when we got up really early to be first ones in line at Disneyland. SO worth it!

Check this out--hardly any wait on most of the rides! We hit up nearly every one we wanted to and we were only there for 3 hours!

 You can barely see it in the picture but Space Mountain had a wait time of 10 minutes! We also walked right on Splash Mountain! David sat in the front so that I could use him as a human shield from the flying water. :)



Please also notice David jumping for joy because of all the fun we were having! And, we got to catch the Haunted Mansion with its new Halloween decorations. I can't say I've even seen The Nightmare Before Christmas (which is the new theme), but it was still pretty darn cool.


Please excuse the random family in the background--they're not with us.

After Disneyland, we rushed back home because David had class at one. I'm proud to say we made it with plenty of time to spare!

On Saturday, David was in a Haunted Surf Competition. It was so awesome! Anyone of all skill levels could enter, but the catch was everyone had to dress up. I'll post more pictures about this later!


Saturday night I blindfolded David and took him to a Thai restaurant that was recommended to us. Too bad, in spite of all my intentional and unintentional wrong turns, he still knew exactly where we were!  We enjoyed two of our favorite dishes--Panang Curry and Nam Tok. The owners talked to David in Thai and brought us out special fried bananas because it was his birthday.


Yum! So little time, never enough Thai food! On Sunday (the actual birthday) we opened presents and I made dinner (which was delish if I do say so myself!) We topped the day off with banana cake (which David requested, and which was also scrumptious) and blew out candles.

Happy Birthday, David!

1 comment:

  1. Hey which Thai place did you go to? We've been to several and are still looking for "the one." My dad went to Thailand on his mission so that's why we love curry - especially Panang!!

    ReplyDelete